Monday, April 17, 2006

Poetic Waxing

A few weeks ago, as I was headed to work, I heard one of the morning DJ's talking about Poetic Wax. As a Latina, I must wax. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I have used other products (tweezers, skin creams, etc), but nothing is as good as waxing. Anyhow... I found the wax, ordered it, and when it arrived at my house last week, stared at the box for a few days. Finally, on Saturday night, I took it out of the box, read the directions, melted the wax, and went to work. Now, I discintly remember the DJ saying that it wasn't that painful. Yeah, right. Poetic wax, my ass! It went on wonderfully; it even had a great scent. But pulling that off was torture. The only thing poetic was the profanity coming from my mouth as tears welled up in my eyes. But it did work. I wish I could complain more about it, but the set came with a bottle of cleanser and a bottle of oil. No irritation afterward! I can't complain about that. But hey - I can complain about the pain of that wax coming off.

The damn price of beauty.

*I don't wax my eyebrows. I have a girlfriend who 'threads' them for me. The result is amazing. I've never had such beautiful eyebrows! For those of you who want to know about threading, maybe I'll post about the joys of threading one day.*

No comments: