Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Mighty Gators, James Blunt, and More Fantasy Baseball

So, it happened - the Gators won the National Championship! GO GATORS!! It was a great game - I loved watching it and realizing very early on that it was all about the Gators. My only wish is that I could be in Gainesville celebrating like I did back in early 1998 when the Gators won their first football championship.

Ok, how many times a day do I have to hear the James Blunt song? I am so over it. I think I have heard it at least once a day for the last four or five months. Enough already! Everyone knows that he's so sad because he ran into his ex-girlfriend and she was with a new boyfriend. Listen, James, get over it! Move on! And quit your whining already!

The hubby finally got his fantasy baseball league working last night. Following up from Friday's post, he did come home on Saturday and have a "live draft" scheduled for that night (these guys have nothing better to do on a Saturday night??). Anyway, it didn't work. So he scheduled another on for last night and assured me it would take 20 minutes. Yeah, right. An hour later (at midnight), he comes strolling in the bedroom wanting to talk about the day's event. This is how it's going to be until October. Everynight, he'll go online and make trades, read about players on the disabled list, check the pitching schedule, and try to figure out where he stands in the ranks. So much time goes into this - I wish he would use some of the time to vacuum every once in awhile. :)

But on a good note, the Yankees actually did win last night. I wonder if it helped in the hubby's overall standing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I really liked that james blunt song - 5 months ago before it got oversaturated with radio play. I used to sit on the couch with Owen all morning and just watch VH1. They were the only ones playing it then. I used to sing to him the "you're beautiful" part, but would have to omit the stuff about kissing and making out and stuff, cause you know, that is kind of gross to sing to your son. So then it got oversaturated on the radio and i decided, hey, let me look up the lyrics. and i got so grossed out cause apparently, there is an explicit version of this song. When he sings "i was flying high," he actually had another F word in there originally. Tsk tsk. Shame on you, Mr. Blunt, for turning a nice song into something profane. I bet he was laughing like beavis and butthead when he wrote that line - "huh huh, i said f***."