Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy February 1st - is it Groundhog Day today?

I just checked and it's not. It's tomorrow. You ever realize that when you are kid, you get excited about days like Groundhog Day and your teachers make you watch tv to see that silly little animal see or not see his shadow. Now that I'm old (ok, well, older), I realize that days like that just pass you by. I miss days of innocence and watching the groundhog.

Anyhoo... enough nostalgia... he's my latest list of questions, for your entertainment/pleasure/information/whatever:

1. Favorite sandwich? BLT, minus the T, with a little bit of ranch dressing
2. What characteristics do you despise? People that pretend to be smart and worldly, yet have never even left the community they live in
3. Where would you want to retire to? Hawaii! Definitely! It's gorgeous there.
4. Where were you born? Weehawken, New Jersey, on Park Avenue - too bad it was on the wrong side of the Hudson River*
5. Pepsi or Coke? Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke with Splenda
6. Are you a morning person or night owl? I used to be a morning person, but now I love staying up at night, watching HBO On Demand (Oz? Yes! Six Feet Under? Double yes!)
7. Pedicure or Manicure? Yes please!
8. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Going back to Vegas next month with my hubby for my birthday
9. What did you want to be when you were little? A singer, like Olivia Newton-John, Donna Summer, or Gloria Gaynor
10. What is your best childhood memory? Riding bikes with my mom on the Wildwood Crest, New Jersey Boardwalk*

*While I have mentioned Jersey in a few of my answers, I want to make it clear that I am not an ordinary Jersey Girl. I did live in a different state (not a mental state, an actual state of the United States) for a few years (my formative years - that's what they call them) before returning to Jersey. I do NOT have big hair and I do NOT snap my gum. I also do NOT believe that the Jersey Shore is the best place in the world to vacation, nor do I rent out a house for the summer and drive down to it every Friday night between Memorial and Labor Days for weekends of dancing and drinking.

No comments: