Wednesday, November 26, 2008

There's always lots of thinking in this head of mine...

It's been a long week - and it's only Wednesday! - and I've had lots on my mind.  Not only Thanksgiving, which I am pleased to do and actually love planning, but other things.

I've been thinking about shutting down this site.  I sometimes feel as if I have to censor what I write or that I have to be very careful about how I phrase things.  It's kind of become less of a journal for me and more of a public outing of my life, which is perfectly fine, except that sometimes I feel as if I can't write about *all* the parts of my life, in fear that someone will read it, make comments to other people, and then I receive an influx of phone calls, or worse, angry phone calls.  I'm not sure what to do - I love blogging on this site.  I have loved it since I started nearly three years ago.  I know I have readers out there that don't comment, that I don't know personally, that have gotten to know me better through this site. 

So, now I am going to ask them - those silent readers - what should I do?  Lurkers, this is the time to comment.  Please.

6 comments:

Jeanna James Anzalone said...

Anna, I think you answered your question when you said, "I love blogging on this site". Continue to do it for you and all the wonderful things that your son can read some day about life as it was when he first came into the world. I was inspired to start a blog of my own from you and Courtney and agree that it's enjoyable, but often feel there are times I have to watch what I write, but isn't that life? I mean, don't we filter what we say every day. It's a journal yes, but it's not a diary. Anyway, my vote is that you keep it going...

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Your blog is a great way to stay connected with those you dont see or speak to very often (like me!). It is enjoyable to check in to "your life" to see how you, Mike and Patrick are doing. Maybe those things you cant discuss can be released in a different way- - - be creative!
Gina

Anonymous said...

Don't shut down this site - it is one of the highlights of my day!
I find out how you, Patrick and Michael are doing. Plus, your narrative is extremely interesting.
Jacky

Anonymous said...

No need to shut it down, darling. Anything you put on the web, whether you let people know the URL or not, is essentially "public" - so even if it was a 'secret' blog which you felt you could write all your thoughts and dreams in ... someone will find it, and people will talk. If you need the outlet of a diary, I highly suggest starting a different one. And the things that you are afraid others will gossip about - you tell it to those of us that you want to know the info in person - or via e-mail - and there is no judging involved.

Use this blog for what it has become - a fun way for family and friends to catch up on what you're doing.

Love ya,
me

Mike, Jack & Katie's Mommy said...

Keep it! I love to see how you guys are doing - it keeps me in the loop all the way from VA :) I enjoy reading your posts, watching the videos and taking a look at the pics. I like to read all that you write - from the funny anecdotes to the serious issues - it's nice to know that I am not alone :)

Anonymous said...

Keep it!!!

Kristy