To round out the month of November, I thought I would do a meme on food. I mean, the holiday season is upon us and what we normally do at this time of year? Eat! How fitting..
1. Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
2. When do you eat with your whole family?
Mike and Patrick and I eat dinner together every night. Whenever I visit my folks in Miami, we eat together. I grew up eating dinner with my family.
3. What do you eat for breakfast?
A variety of things: waffles, toast, sausage. Depends on the day. Depends on my mood.
4. When, where and how do you eat on weekdays?
I try to eat well all the time, but sometimes, I'm not so good. I typically eat lots of chicken, veggies, fruit. Granola bars full of fiber. That kind of stuff.
5. How often do you eat out (in a restaurant)?
6. How often do you order delivery/take-out?
Lately, once or twice a month.
7. Regarding no. 5 and 6: Say there weren’t financial reasons would you do this more often?
I don't think so. We eat out often enough, and I really like to cook. I love to experiement with new recipes, so if money wasn't an issue, I think I would be shopping at high end supermarkets and get some really expensive stuff to cook.
8. Are there any “standard dishes” you serve regularly?
Chicken cooked with garlic and usually reduced with white cooking wine.
9. Have you ever cooked for more than 6 persons?
Yes, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago.
10. Do you cook every day?
Mostly. Sometimes we have leftovers.
11. Have you ever tried recipes from blogs?
12. Who cooks more frequently at your home?
I do. Mike and Patrick eat.
13. And who cooks better?
I think I do. Although Mike has some "specialities" that he whips up sometimes.
14. Do you cook totally different compared to your mother/parents?
Yes and no. My style is very much like my mom's, but over the years, I have started to add a lot of my own twists of things.
15. If yes, do you nevertheless eat at your parents?
Definitely. I love my mom's cooking. And my dad's too, for that matter.
16. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine being one?
Nah, I enjoy chicken and beef entirely too much.
17. What would you like to cook which you haven’t dared to make yet?
18. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
I enjoy both. Cooking is very artistic, I think. You can invent a lot of cool recipes with different ingredients. Baking is more precise - lots of measuring.
19. What is your greatest misery in the kitchen?
Not enough counter space and my sink is too small.
20. What do you dislike?
Liver. Clams. And I have a love-hate relationship with mushrooms. Right now, there's no love.
I'm not tagging anyone, so if you want to do this, let me know in the comment section!