Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'll Be Dreaming About This for Awhile

I'm no foodie - I don't know anything about how food is supposed to mesh with other foods to create perfect tastes and all that.  But I do know what tastes good and what doesn't. 

A friend of mine is getting married next month and today was her bridal shower.  For dessert, a Smores cake was served.  Chocolate cake layered with chocolate mousse, marshmallow icing, and on the side, graham cracker ice cream.  The cake was fine.  But the ice cream - TO DIE FOR.  Seriously.  It was that good.

If you are ever in NYC and happen to be in Times Square, visit the Blue Fin at the W Hotel.  Don't bother with dinner.  Just get dessert.  Then thank me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the coconut cream pie shake I had from Sonic yesterday. Of course I was sick after I ate it (morning sickness + lactose issues + morning sickness just do not go well together). But it was really surprisingly good!