Thursday, June 15, 2006

Walmart Junkie

A few weeks ago, I posted this about the new Walmart opening in my neighborhood. Yesterday, on my way home from work, I passed it and noticed it was finally open.

Later in the evening, the hubby and I piled into the car to go check it out. It was incredible - nine o'clock on a Wednesday night and the place was packed. The registers were packed with people waiting to pay for their fantastic 'rollback' prices.

While in line, we made a new friend -

Woman: I love when a new Walmart opens.

Hubby: Oh.

Woman: Walmart is wonderful. I have been to so many Walmarts - in Linden, Woodbridge, and now, this one.

Hubby: Have you been to the one up in Saddle Brook?

Me (finally chiming in): Have you ever been to a Super Walmart where you can buy groceries?

Woman: I went to one of those in Florida. But I ain't never seen one of those in New Jersey. Where's Saddle Brook?

Hubby: It's up a little north. But it's not open on Sundays.

Me: It's not a very big Walmart either. What about Secaucus? Have you been to that one? It has a Sam's Club next to it.

Woman: Sam's Club? What's that?

Me: It's like a Costco or BJ's, but it's owned by Walmart.

Woman: I gotta get me over there. Do they have good prices?

Me: Yeah, sure.

Woman: I am going! Where else can you get a plant, dish washing detergent, a rug, and a shirt in one place?

Now, I don't know much about junkies, but I think this woman had 'Walmart Junkie' written all over her. The sad part is that I knew almost all the Walmarts she had mentioned and then, two more. I've always thought of myself as a Target girl. But maybe I, too, am a 'Walmart Junkie'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UM usually attracts the crazies... it is in his genetics. It's because of all of those dirty water hotdogs he eats in NYC.

Thank god he married normal ;) ...
-Kristy