Everyday, I look at the building and I wonder - Why couldn't it have been a Target? I don't have anything against Wal-Mart, but I do love Target so much more. Or, maybe they could have built a mall, complete with Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom.
One thing I am looking forward to is the convenience of having the store so close, so in a pinch, I can run over there and buy pantyhose, Hawaiian Punch, or deodorant.
The pros of this Wal-Mart:
- It's near the highway, so I won't hear any of the traffic from my house
- 3% sales tax in the neighborhood
- They sell Goya products
- I can send the husband over to buy things I "forgot" to buy when I was out
The cons of this Wal-Mart:
- The traffic between the turnpike and my house will increase, thanks to people wanting to "get a good deal at the new Wal-Mart!"
- It's not in the town I live in, which doesn't help with property tax relief
- It's not a mall
- It's not a Target
Have I mentioned that I would have loved it if they had built a mall or a Target?
The store is supposed to open Memorial Day weekend. Maybe I'll drive over and buy some food for my plants.