Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If It Ain't Broke... (Spoiler Alert!)

My Aunt called me this morning.

Aunt: I don't understand what happens at the end of Brokeback Mountain.

Me: What do you mean? What part did you not understand?

Aunt: Those cowboys, they talk funny. I couldn't understand them.

Me: Why didn't you just watch it with the subtitles on?

Aunt: Oh!! I didn't think of that. Anyway, it's too late. I already put it in the Netflix envelope. Please explain the ending to me.

(Alert - spoiler forthcoming)

Me: They kill the dark haired guy because he's gay. And the wife tells the other guy it was an accident.

Aunt: Oh. I thought the movie was kind of boring.

Me: Yes, it was boring.

Aunt: Ok, then. Talk to you later. Have a good day.

And she hung up. Seven in the morning for a conversation like that?

Now, what's up with this new cell phone ring that only young people can hear? Matt Lauer played it this morning, and I couldn't hear it. Does this mean I'm old?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think only dogs can hear the cell phone ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacky

Gary said...

I think it's kind of sweet to have an aunt who calls you at seven in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey-- I heard it, it has to do with the damage your ears have taken as well... if you listen to headphones a lot, it happens...
(btw, long time reader, first time commentator)

NOLES RULE.

-Kristy