Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yes, I Let Him Sit on the Counter... Does that Make Me a Bad Mom?

Yesterday, the royal (pain in the butt) highness Patrick would not take a nap. He was up at 6:30 in the morning and took two very very short power naps (about 10 minutes each). By 6 last night, I was so exhausted I seriously didn't know what to do.

Eventually, he drifted off to sleep around 6:30 - 7. I didn't want to wake him so I put a sleep sack on him and whisked him right into his crib (no bath, no diaper change, nothing). And I checked on him a few times before I finally fell asleep - of course, he was passed out like a drunken sailor, arms spread out, legs spread wide open.

I shot this video over the course of the day. You'll see how he spent the majority of his day yesterday. While it's a boring video, I promised Mike I would post it so he could see the antics his son is up to while he's away for work.




I know the video shows him falling asleep, but it's a fake. As soon as I turned the camera off, he opened his eyes, smiled at me, and continued to bounce.

Oh - did I mention he was up at 4 am because he was hungry? Yeah, since he was busy bouncing all day long, he didn't want to take a bottle at his usual time around 5 and went to bed with a semi-empty stomach that he took note of at 4 in the morning.

This morning, he's in a great mood. And bouncing in his seat. Naturally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that pacifier thing w/the tube attached to it?

Annie said...

That's his Podee straw. Hands-free feeding! It attached to his bottles and his drinks when he's hungry. It's more awesome than a Boppy.

Freckle Face Girl said...

At least he is so cute!