Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Please excuse the run-on sentences, but it's been a very long day and I am typing this on a computer with dial- up!

After a nearly two hour drive to Philadelphia Airport this morning, pushing a 16 pound baby in a 10 pound stroller with another 10 pound baby bag hanging off it, while pulling a 47 pound suitcase full of who-knows-what (since I forgot his eyedrops, and OMG, what if he gets an EYE INFECTION? WHAT DO I DO?), getting said baby bag, stroller, car seat, and actual baby through security, getting on the plane, holding the 16 pound baby while he slept for nearly an hour on the plane (did someone say a NAP? Patrick took a nap today?), and waiting for 47 pound suitcase at baggage claim, we have arrived.

It's been 8 hours since we arrived in the land of sun and humidity, 6 hours since we ate a HUGE lunch (prepared by my mom), 3 hours since we took Patrick for a walk along the bay, and 20 minutes since we came back from said walk.

But we're here.

And since I can't get a wireless signal to hook my laptop onto (guess I'll be heading to Starbucks every few days), I am on my dad's trusty desktop that is hooked up via dial-up.

I'll be here for a few days (2 weeks, to be exact), so while posting may be less than normal, please know that I am attempting to keep up with my favorites bloggies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear my adorable nephew (and fav you) made it to sunny FL safe and sound!
Surprise - it is in the 70s here!
Have a fun trip and
HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!
Also, relay to your mother
HAPPY HAPPY GRANDMOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Jacky

Anonymous said...

It's little things like this that remind us to be thankful of the things we have in life:
* A healthy baby (with no eye infection)
* Parents that live close to the bay
* A mother that loves you to cook a huge meal for you
* And having high speed wireless at home!

Hope you have a great 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Annie,
I hope your stay in So.Flo. includes a visit to Cuba Nostalgia. I'd love to give you a hug in person. Have a wonderful time!

Besos,
Marta

Courtney Stanz said...

I miss you guys already! You sounds very happy and relaxed. Give that baby boy a squeeze for me and I'll see you when you get back! (PS: please note that you must post at least a FEW pictures of Patrick in FLA to keep the folks at home appeased.) :)