Thursday, May 25, 2006

Michael Bolton Swings Sinatra

What is this world coming to? This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I happened to come across a commercial for a new Michael Bolton cd. Michael Bolton Swings Sinatra. Could it get any worse? Actually, yes, it can. In this new cd, he sings a duet with his lovely bride-to-be, Nicollette Sheridan. Upon hearing Bolton sing Fly Me to the Moon, I ran into the bathroom in fear that I might throw up. Mr. Bolton is no Frank Sinatra.

Speaking of Sinatra, I did happen to win $200 in a Frank Sinatra nickel slot machine this past weekend. With the husband and my good friend, Cuban-White girl, cheering me on, I put my measily $20 in the machine and in no time, it had turned into something wonderful. Thank you, Mohegan Sun, you made my trip worthwhile. And because I won, I'll come back. I promise.

Last week I mentioned I would be going to cousin's graduation, where I feared I would start to cry upon hearing Pomp and Circumstance. But I learned something at this graduation - when chefs graduate from the culinary academy, they do NOT play Pomp and Circumstance. Instead, they march out to music that sounds like it comes from a Star Wars movie. So needless to say, I didn't cry. I did, however, laugh and laugh when I heard the students have to take a Sauces and Stocks class in order to graduate. Then I howled with laughter as they sang their alma mater, complete with comments from my loving husband, who claimed their mascot was the Flying Spatula.

No comments: