Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meeting Marti

No, not Jose Marti. But someone equally as cool.

During my last visit to Miami, I got to meet fellow blogger, Marti, along with a portion of her great family: son Adam and daughter Amy (aka Kikita). I've had my blog for a few years now, but have never met anyone that reads my words or vice versa. Of course, it's common to be skeptical in a situation like this, but honestly, meeting Marti was so comfortable. She recognized me immediately, fawned over Patrick and asked about Mike: It was like meeting a long-lost friend and picking up right where you had left off. She's awesome, not to mention cute (see, Marti? I told you I would fit that in here somewhere!).

My only regret is not having spent more time with her, sharing some croquettas and Materva. There were so many things I wanted to tell her - most importantly, how much I admire her Cuban-ness and the love for her family that comes with it.

She also signed her cookbook - filled with fantastic Cuban recipes right from her kitchen. So, people, go to her website, and buy it. I mean it, do it now!

Check out photos of our meeting during Cuba Nostalgia:




Cuba Nostalgia 2008 at Tamiami Park
Patrick, the cigar roller

My newest (and coolest) new friend from the internets, Marti

Patrick got along famously with Kikita, Marta's daughter (isn't she lovely?)


All pooped out after a long day of drinking cafe, eating pastelitos, and dancing salsa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie -

Thanks for all the bloggy love.
It was MY absolute pleasure to meet you and Patrick. I, too, felt like I've known you forever. If you were closer to me you'd have built-in babysitters. =D

You're both as totally adorable as you seem!