Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Annie is Snoring

Or so I'm told. Poor Mike hasn't had a good night's sleep in about three nights. But then again, he won't go sleep in the guest room. So it's not really my fault now, is it?

At my 32 week check up today, I learned that I gained 3 pounds! In a week! Things are still looking pretty good, but I have to do a test next week for preeclampsia, which makes me a little nervous (due to being 32 weeks pregnant and the fact that my legs are swelling - ick!).

No growth ultrasound this week, but I did get to hear FeeNo's heartbeat (in the 130s - nice and healthy) and see a little bit of this growing baby. Still has a big head. Right hand is still covering the face. Legs continue to kick. The lungs are practicing breathing and the heart looks so cool pumping away in the chest.

Next week, in addition to the preeclampsia test, another growth ultrasound, which should give us an indication of FeeNo's weight. Less than 60 days to my due date. I can remember when it was over 200 days. Not much more to go until Mike and I get to meet FeeNo face to face.

As soon as FeeNo is born, Mike wants to discuss the baseball playoffs - never mind this baby has a 50% chance of being female.

Me - after giving FeeNo a kiss, I think I'll give him a kick. Just like he does to me every night at 4 am. :)

3 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

I think the last 2 months (more the last month) are all about just wanting the baby OUT. The kicking and uncomfortable body aches are difficult, but the exciting day is coming soon.

BTW, I am glad to hear that you at least gained some weight. I don’t want to have to hate you or anything. :)

Anonymous said...

Annie-
I agree with freckle face girl. The last month of 'some discomfort' is God's way of making us willing to do whatever it takes to get this creature OUT.
Me at 9 months: "you'll have to remove it forcibly through my nostrils? Umm... Okay. I might feel 'some discomfort,' right??" =D

Anonymous said...

See, i think this is where I was different from most ladies. I kept telling Owen he could stay inside as long as he wanted to! :) I guess I am lucky in that i wasn't miserable, but I was tired. Then again, when WASN't I tired during the pregnancy? Good luck with these last few weeks!!!