Thursday, September 27, 2007

Insomnia + Back Pain = A Very Irritable Annie

Okay people, we're in the homestretch.

It looks like FeeNo will be making a grand entrance on October 19th (as long as my amnio on the 17th shows mature lungs). That's only three weeks away. THREE WEEKS AWAY.

I spoke to my doctor yesterday during my appointment and told him that Mike and I were leaning toward a scheduled c-section because we would rather schedule it than have to have an emergency one. The doctor agreed (coincidentally, they had already sent me the order via US Mail earlier this week, so it was a done deal) and as long as I don't go into labor beforehand, my doctor is definitely going to do the honors of making me a mom.

I have terrible back pain. Last night, it was so terrible I was almost reduced to tears. I have insomnia. Today, I was awake at four in the morning, tossing and turning, and finally got up at five to read and watch shows I had DVR'ed during the week. When I do sleep, I have the craziest dreams (they are all pregnancy related - if you want details, email me). I am snapping at poor Mike. Then I fel bad about it. My stomach weighs a ton (even though my overall weight gain is 8 pounds) and I am in the bathroom constantly, it seems. And my indigestion doesn't seem to be getting any better.

FeeNo wants out of my belly already. There is constant movement in there. And the poor kid is running out of room. Yesterday's weight was 5 pounds, 1 ounce.

I can't believe I'm going to be a mom in less than a month. I'm very excited, but in all honestly, I am scared out of my mind.

2 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

I have always felt that the end of pregnancy is so miserable just to get you over the fear. I feel for you! I really do (my back does too)! People keep telling pregnant moms to get as much sleep as possible before the baby comes, but insomnia rules with back pain. I read about one blogger that started sleeping in their lazy boy.

3 weeks to go! Yeah! You’ll be a great mom. 99% of it is about love.

Anonymous said...

Annie-
Trust me. I feel your (back) pain.
So sorry you're going through all that. This "miserable last month" stuff falls under the "Pain You'll Forget When You're Holding That Beautiful Baby" category. Hang in there - you'll be an awesome mom.