Friday, January 05, 2007

My New Lov-ah

I am cheating on my husband.

Please, let me explain. For a few months now, I have been eyeing Mr. Bento. But I really didn't want to incur the expense of buying a new lunchbox. Plus, I was happy with my purse-like Lean Cuisine lunchbag. However, last month Mike actually ordered me to buy it. But, when it arrived, I was on vacation and unable to use it.

Yesterday, I used it for the first time. I think I'm in love.

The night before, I meticulously packed the larger container with broiled tilapia and corn on the cob. The second container was filled with steamed garlic cauliflower. I filled one of the smaller containers with carrots, celery, and radishes, and the other with a tablespoon of peanut butter for dipping and a piece of Baci candy leftover from the holidays.

Before I left for work in the morning, I heated up the fish and cauliflower, hoping it would stay warm for five or six hours.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my Mr. Bento and ate a warm, healthy lunch. I am so finished with heating up my food in a microwave. It's over!

I spent the entire afternoon raving over how wonderful this new lunch contraption is and when I got home, I continued to rave to Mike. I even told him I would lend it to him for his lunch today.

He called me earlier and told me that his lunch was still warm too. I'm thinking that he might fall in love too.

Then I'll have to go out and buy another one.

Yes, yes. I am a complete dork. I bring my lunch to work mostly everyday. I have always packed my lunches with care since I try to eat healthy. But I think I have completely crossed the line of dorkhood. I might even join the group on Flickr that actually takes pictures of their Mr. Bento lunches.

I am thinking this is going to be a great tool to lose another 20 pounds. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

SimoneladybugKnits said...

New reader here :-) So they actually work..? Must make a note to buy one :-)

Freckle Face Girl said...

Sounds fabulous! ~now I am hungry