Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Things I don't blog about anymore

It's funny, all the while I was pregnant, I promised myself that this wouldn't turn into a "mommy-blog", that I would continue to write about the crazy happenings in my life, and that no matter what, I wouldn't bombard this page with pictures of my baby.

More than ten months later, I haven't kept that promise.  And I am truly sorry.

I went back to work about two months ago.  While it's only part-time, I hardly have any time when I get home.  I really admire all the single mothers out there and the mothers (and fathers) whose spouses are overseas defending our country.  I've been very fortunate:  I've had my parents, my mother-in-law, and countless friends to help me along the way.  And, of course, I've had Mike.  He's been great. 

Still, I'm exhausted.  I'm really tired.

Someone asked me the other day what I missed most about life before Patrick and I answered, without hesitation:  napping.  I've never been a big napper, but right now, I miss having the chance to grab a few minutes of sleep, cuddling underneath my favorite blanket and taking a snooze.  I even miss short naps in the car.

But now, life isn't about me.  It's not even about Mike and I.  It's about my family.

Family.

I love saying that.  I love saying, "I have a family waiting for me at home" at the end of my workday.  It makes my life that much more meaningful.

I still have lots of things to say about my crazy life.  Except now I'm just too tired to write about them.  I'll get back there, I promise.

But for now, I hope you will bear with me, my life as a mommy, and the bombarding of pictures of my son, who has given new meaning to my life.

4 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

It is ok to let your blog turn into a mommy blog. Who doesn't like pictures of cute babies?

Mike, Jack & Katie's Mommy said...

I am right there with you! I totally understand :) I miss getting a straight "8" at night!

Anonymous said...

Do.Not.Apologize.
Your boy is beautiful. =D

SimoneladybugKnits said...

oh please...pictures of your pretty baby are enough excuses :-) he's adorable