Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tales of Allergies, Rashes and Babies

Today, I am 15 weeks pregnant.

That's almost four months, people. And still so much more to go.

Over the last few weeks, my pregnancy symptoms have subsided - I haven't had nausea in weeks. No vomitting either. And the constant fatigue - it's pretty much gone. Everyone has told me that this is the time when I will feel the best. And actually, I do. I feel... normal again.

Of course, this is all relative. Just as all these pregnancy symptoms subside, I am faced with another challenge: spring has sprung! There is pollen everywhere! My allergies are under attack and it's not pretty. My sneezing was so out of control one day last week (I sneezed six times in a row!), even Mike got scared. Sleep at night was tough, since I was congested.

I finally caved in and started on Claritin. One a day and it's helping.

Then - the heat rash/eczema that has taken over my arms. Every year, I got it. And somehow, every year I am surprised by it. Itch, itch, itch. Scratch, scratch, scratch.

It's getting better too.

I had a doctor's appointment today. Again, no weight gain (yeah!). All my other ailments are in check too (double yeah!). And when the doctor called for a quick ultrasound, just to check FeeNo's heartbeat, the kid did it again - turned its back on me. Maybe it's the rash on my arms that disgust FeeNo. Or maybe my sneezing is keeping him up at night. I don't know.

I did, however, receive one of the most touching cards this week. Disguised as FeeNo, my mother sent me a mother's day card. In it, she wrote how much FeeNo loved me and couldn't wait to meet me. I must have cried for nearly an hour after reading it. I hope my mother is right about FeeNo cause if you let these ultrasounds tell the story, it would certainly be different.

5 comments:

SimoneladybugKnits said...

Dude, no way!! I feel your pain about allergies. I actually wrote a post about my miserable episode 3 days ago. I had to stop blogging 'cus my allergies were so bad that I missed practically a whole week of work. Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well :-)

Freckle Face Girl said...

I feel so sorry for all the suffering you are going through. You are supposed to be in the best part of your pregnancy.

FeeNo is probably just being shy or teasing you. Lexi did the same thing for many ultrasounds. Some good techs will keep poking until the baby gives in. :)

Anonymous said...

Try Breathe Right nasal strips for the congestion. They do help a little, especially at night. :) good luck!

Anonymous said...

Just think, you're almost half-way there. Other than allergies, I"m glad you're feeling good.

Annie said...

Occasional Confusion - I just started using a neti pot. It clears my sinuses and makes me a feel a million times better!

FFG - I can't wait until you start with your ultrasounds too!

acb - I tried those things, but they bothered my nose. I was able to keep it one for half an hour then had to peel it off.

Sofi - Thanks for stopping by! I've missed you.