Saturday, June 05, 2010

Backyard Progress

My aunt and uncle came to visit and brought with them a multitude of plants to help “personalize” the outside of the house.  Naturally, Mike and I have gotten pretty inspired and have been working the last few days on the backyard.

Despite the lack of grass, it’s starting to shape up pretty well.

087

Before

IMG_9853

Planting the fig tree.

IMG_9858

Patrick helped!IMG_9870

Mike and I worked on this for an entire afternoon and there’s still more to go!

IMG_9871

Still – not too bad looking.  I transplanted oregano, cilantro and lavender in between the hostas.

IMG_9878

My little garden.

IMG_9875

Green peppers

IMG_9874

Up close

IMG_9877 

Banana peppers

IMG_9881

On the agenda for the rest of the weekend: finish up the right side of the yard.

IMG_9892

And plant this peach tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,

Looking good! Poor Patrick - first he has to do his own grocery shopping and now he has to plant the garden!!!

Jacky

SimoneladybugKnits said...

Those peppers look good...I'm still trying to grow a cherry tomatoe plant :(