Saturday, June 06, 2009

The case of the new shoes...

A few months ago, I went out and bought Patrick a pair of Crocs sandals.  They were adorable, with velcro straps and green with some orange highlights in them.  I imagine I got them on super-duper clearance because they were green.  Not just a regular hunter green either, more like a bright, flourescent green.  I tried them on his little feet in the store and he was in awe that he could see his toes. 

He's been wearing them quite often, as house slippers, to go to the mall, to pay outside, but I notice last week that he's actually outgrowing them.  In an effort to get him another pair, we ventured to the outlet mall yesterday, to our trusty Crocs outlet store.

They didn't have them anymore.

I searched and finally found a pair of bright blue ones I thought he would like but thought that Mike would disapprove since they were miniature Crocs clogs.  I tried them on Patrick's feet, let him loose to see him walk in them and once again, he was in love with his shoes.  Mike acquiesced, said we could buy them, and we set out to put the boy's shoes back on his feet. We were greeted with screams and fights when we tried to take them off to pay.  So much, that Mike had to take Patrick out of the store in fear the he would scare other customers.

Today, he refuses to take them off.  It's been quite the day.

Here is my little boy sporting his first pair of Crocs clogs.  I can't wait for them to get dirty so I can put them in the dishwasher along with mine!

IMG_6549 IMG_6550

No comments: